Bridgestone recently announced that it would be releasing its new Firestone FD692 drive tire. This new addition to its portfolio is compliant with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations, SmartWay verified, and fuel-efficient.
According to Ben Johnson, the marketing director, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada; the new Firestone FD692 is built to offer fleets a valuable tire asset that helps them maximize their full performance potential. Bridgestone incorporated the latest technological advancements to enhance the tire’s dependability, efficiency, and long-lasting wear.
Some of its most notable features include:
- 3D siping and 400% more biting edges. This increases traction in multiple weather conditions.
- An aggressive and fuel-efficient tread pattern that controls the tire’s movement to reduce rolling resistance and enhance even wear.
- Sidewall technology that reduces heat loss, limits overall tire weight, and improves fuel efficiency while maintaining durability.
- A platform that ejects stones and increases retreadability. This prevents any trapped stones from pushing into the tread grooves or piercing the belt layer.
- Shoulder slots that help to evacuate water and provide confident control in snow and rain.
- Optimized bead design for better fuel economy and lower rolling resistance.
With a Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake certification, the Firestone FD692 is highly dependable in winter and wet weather conditions. It marks another great addition to Bridgestone tires and is currently available in four sizes in Canada and the United States.