The Hyundai Sonata received a complete makeover for its 2021 model. One of its major upgrades will be the inclusion of Pirelli P Zero tires which will come as standard.
The Sonata’s 19-inch alloy wheels will feature P Zero tires sized 245/40 R19. These will be fitted on the turbocharged SEL Plus trim. The All-Season tires are popular with driving enthusiasts looking for a combination of durability, responsive handling, and performance aesthetics. All-season traction is also part of the package.
Speaking about the tires, Scott Maragson, Director of product planning at Hyundai Motor North America, said that the 19-inch Pirelli tires make a beautiful looking car perform even better. One of the adjustments that Hyundai had to make to its Sonata was adjusting the power height to the passenger seat in the Limited Sonata trim.
Hyundai also added Safe Exit Warning across all trims. The feature helps drivers to determine whether it’s safe to open the driver’s door if the vehicle is parallel parked on stationed on a busy street.
Some of the features that the P-Zero boasts of include:
- Variable size tread design to minimize noise within the SEL Plus trim.
- Circumferential grooves that improve safety in aquaplaning situations.
- Lateral siping that maximizes cornering performance and dry grip while improving aquaplaning resistance.
- Inner block winter siping technology that improves traction on snow.
- Pirelli Noise Cancelling System that helps to reduce noise within the car, thanks to sound-absorbing features applied inside the tire’s circumferential wall.