In a recent announcement, Mickey Thompson Tires released its new Baja Boss A/T hybrid all-terrain tire for SUV, pickup truck, and Jeep drivers. It comes with superior on-road handling, off-road traction, excellent performance, and aggressive looks.
“The design and development of the new Baja Boss A/T is a direct response to feedback from consumers,” said Ken Warner, Vice President of Marketing, Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. “We added premium features not commonly found on other tires, which puts this tire in a class of its own.”
The Baja Boss A/T was announced as the winner of the Best New Tire for 2021 facilitated by the Specialty Equipment Market Association. It includes a large surface area that enhances all-terrain handling, extreme Sidebiters for maximum off-road traction, and a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty that guarantees long life.
The team at Mickey Thompson also added other premium features including an asymmetrical tread pattern to cut out noise and improve the ride quality, a new tread compound that is reinforced using silica to improve cut/chip resistance, long wear, and unparalleled wet weather performance and lastly, a stronger sidewall construction to enhance handling and durability.
The Baja Boss A/T includes:
- Severe Snow Service Rated with 3 Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMS) certification on all sizes 12.50 (315) and narrower.
- Asymmetrical tread pattern optimized for reduced noise and all-weather performance.
- PowerPly XD construction with a heavy-duty third ply for protection, better handling, and stability.
- Extreme Sidebiters that are substantially deeper than previous models, offering a bold look, added off-road traction and protection.
- All new silica-reinforced compound for on-road tread wear, cut and chip resistance, and improved wet handling and braking performance
- 50,000-mile limited treadwear warranty.
Consumers can get the Baja Boss A/T in sizes that fit 17, 18, 20, 22, and 24-inch wheels. Mickey Thompson will add more sizes starting November 2021.