Yokohama Tire Corp recently released an all-position waste haul tire dubbed the 506U. The tire is available in size 315/80R22.5 and comes as a replacement for the MY627W Spec-2 as well as other previous Yokohama tires.
Some of the features that come as standard with the new Yokohama 506U include:
- Wide external rib for improved tear resistance
- Center grooves with rock shield platforms to optimize casing life and reduce stone penetration
- Extra thick sidewall to protect against pothole and curb damage
- Advanced tread compound that resists chipping, scrubbing, cutting, and more
- Wider tread pattern specially designed for waste haul applications
According to the officials at Yokohama, the Yokohama 506U is highly retreadable. Its construction ensures there’s maximum retreadability and durability. Buyers also get a six-year unlimited retread casing warranty that’s a leader in the industry.
“The 506U delivers longer tread life, added durability, and reduced operating costs for urban sanitation trucks and on/off-highway operations,” says Tom Clauer, Yokohama’s senior manager of commercial product planning.“It’s specially designed for severe service vehicle operations that require a high load-carrying capacity per tire.”